If you are facing a divorce but you want to avoid the fights and juggling the court dates, divorce mediation is the solution. Since not all divorces require resolution in court, a less stressful and less costly avenue is preferable.
What is divorce mediation?
Divorce Mediation is an out of court dispute resolution. For that reason, you and your soon to be ex-spouse will have to sit face to face and try to reach an agreement on all counts:
- Division of assets and debts
- Child custody and visitation rights
- Future finances
- Future well being of all parties involved (including the children)
It seems easier to start the separation process by choosing different attorneys, then go to court. You may feel that discussing your differences in front of a stranger (or a team of strangers) seems embarrassing. But divorce mediation takes emotions into consideration where the traditional divorce process doesn’t. A divorce mediator does not and cannot take sides or give advice separately, will always stay partial and objective and will help both parties reach an agreement.
What are the advantages of divorce mediation?
- There is no court appearance
- There is no fighting in court or nasty exchanges between lawyers
- The mediation team will always have the big picture in mind and will guide you throughout the process so you won’t lose track of what is really important
- The process can save you money
How to be prepared ?
Preparation for divorce mediation is the first step to a better future.
- Prepare a full inventory of all the possessions and assets owned individually and commonly
- Money is not everything, if you have children, taking care of their emotional well being is a big part of what will work for you and your family.
- Choosing your legal team together is the last and most important step
How to ensure a successful divorce mediation?
- Know that you can go through the divorce process together, act as a team one more time, because you both have to participate in the mediation
- Divorce Mediation is dispute resolution, you don’t have to be right or to win, you just have to be fair
- Do not live in the past and be reasonable in your expectations, being bitter and vengeful will not help you prepare for the future
- Choose your divorce mediation firm wisely.
Divorce is never good news. It breaks a family and emotionally takes a toll. Mediation makes the event easier to go through by removing the litigious aspect from it and aims at removing disagreement in a neutral setting.
Triad Divorce Mediation was founded with the intention to provide support to people going through a divorce. They have a unique approach that puts focus on your emotional, financial, and legal well-being. Triad brings professionals from wide areas of expertise to make sure you get what you deserve when you get divorced. With three locations in San Diego, CA, Triad Divorce Mediation will expedite your divorce while making sure you become a stronger person.
Contact Triad Divorce Mediation for a free consultation